How to Write a Yoga Instructor Job Description
by ClubConnect Staff
Is your studio or gym looking for a new yoga instructor? You've come to the right place. Read below for a yoga job description sample that will help you create one that works for you. While salary information and yoga instructor requirements and responsibilities will change based on the employer, this example will help you with the basics of what to include in your description.
The role of a yoga instructor is to guide students through yoga positions and breathing techniques and ensure a safe environment for those in attendance.
Our gym is looking for yoga instructors who are passionate about helping students learn yoga and who love to lead students through exercises that help improve well-being. We are looking for yoga instructors who hold appropriate yoga credentials and can take students through cohesive yoga sequences, choose appropriate music, effectively correct form, and more.
- Hold a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor - 200 hour level (RYT-200) or yoga certification from a NCCA agency
- Have a CPR/AED certification
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Be passionate about fitness
- Have 1-2 years of experience leading yoga classes
- Lead yoga classes according to the assigned schedule
- Teach safe, effective exercises to a variety of populations
- Maintain a current yoga certification
- Wear proper uniform
- Adhere to employee standards of conduct
- Complete all required staff training
- Record all hours accurately
For more gym job descriptions, click here.
P.S. Did you know? ClubConnect is now the number one resource for health clubs and gyms. We power the education and development for over 4,500 health clubs and growing. Learn more about how we help health club managers, directors and owners here.